Friday, June 24, 2011

The moment I wake up, before I put on my makeup…

Every morning we eat breakfast together as a family. We talk about our plans for the day and remind each other about upcoming events. It is one of my favorite parts of the day. Quality family time with coffee.

This morning my niece Bella says to my husband, “Uncle Travis, can I have more juice.”

Travis gets Bella more juice.

He then makes his way around the table giving hugs and kisses goodbye before heading out the door for work.

Bella says to my husband “Uncle Travis, can I have a hug goodbye?”

Travis gives Bella a hug.

William, after witnessing both interactions between Bella and daddy, decides that he is going to refer to his dad as Uncle Travis as well. “Goodbye Uncle Travis.”

Travis stops, looks at William, and tells William “No William, I am your daddy. You call me Daddy.”

William’s response is “No. Goodbye Uncle Travis.”

Dad then tells William jokingly, “Don’t push it buddy. Don’t push it. I am your Dad. You call me Dad. Oh, you probably don’t even know what you are saying.”

Without missing a beat, William instantly responds with “Yes, I push it! Goodbye Uncle Travis.”

I look at my husband and crack up. I am practically howling with laughter. What a great way to start the day. My child is hilarious.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...