Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Husband, My Hero!

My husband and I share parenting duties. He changes diapers, bathes our children, and tucks them into bed just as much as I do when he is home. We both take turns being the “bad guy” when it comes to disciplining and telling our children no. When it comes to our kids we both believe in the hands on approach. I am a little less hands on at 5am.

Have I mentioned before that I am not a morning person? Let me put any questions of my morning cheerfulness to rest, I am so NOT a morning person. I am even less of a morning person at 5am after having been woken at 12 am and 3am as well.

At our 5am feeding my little guy usually requires a diaper change. I nudge my husband who has gotten to sleep through the night, and let him know it is his turn to take care of the babies needs. Since I am breast feeding, my husband cannot feed him. But since he doesn’t have to be up with him at every feeding, he is on diaper duty after the 5 am feeding. My husband usually changes his diaper, hands him back to me, and leaves the room to get coffee and the morning paper and get ready for work. If my newborn decides that he will not go back to sleep and he is ready to be up and active at 5am it is time for mommy to be up and active at 5am.  

This morning I fed my newborn, nudged my husband, and fell back asleep. I woke up two hours later when my husband came in to wake me for Steven’s 7 am feeding. He had taken our newborn, our toddler, and our nephew into the basement to play so mommy could have some uninterrupted sleep. I couldn’t believe it! I got to sleep a whole 2 more hours, and I didn’t even have to ask.

What a great way to start the day!

As Father’s Day is approaching, I thought it might be nice to take a minute and share something that your father/husband/significant other has done that you appreciate.

8 comments:

  1. Aww what a sweet hubby. My hubby cooks and doesn't mind cleaning. He also is great @ fixing anything. Thanks for the reminder to focus on their positives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband took me to church then to the Morton Arboretum today and walked the trails and held my hand. Then he took me out for a late lunch where we ate outside at a sunny table. Back at home we did yard work together. Life's more fun sharing it with someone you love. Your hubby had a good teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is amazing. He takes such good care of me and our girls. Almost every Saturday he wakes up early with the kids and lets me sleep in until 10! Which I need so much because I am also not a morning person. I LOVE to cok and I HATE to clean. I cook elaborate dishes every night and dirty up the kicthen and he cleans it spick and span, every night without complaint because he knows how much I hate that chore! He rubs my feet almost every night and once a week we retreat to our bedroom where he lights the candles, turns on the spa music, and gives me a full body massage! I was married before and I struggeled to get him to even pick up his socks - I am blessed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for everything I am very glad I was able to survive recommending this article.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to share my success as the link at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Regardless, just wanted to say fantastic blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your website.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here often.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. No profanity, this is a family friendly blog. No SPAM.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...