Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What’s the story morning glory?

Happy 1st official day of summer! The sun is shining, the weather is warm, and it is okay to sit back and relax a little. Isn’t it?

My start to summer began quite humorously this morning.

As most of you know who read my blog, I have a two-month-old baby. When I am not completely exhausted I try to get a little work out in so I can get my pre-pregnancy body back.  

This morning, after a bagel and two cups of coffee, I was ready to tackle my elliptical. I put on Chuggington for my son and niece to watch while I got in a half hour on the machine. After my run on the elliptical I popped in a Wii fitness game (EA Sports) and continued to work out with my son and niece participating (my son looks hysterical flailing his arms and legs and spinning in circles). After, I set up the play kitchen for them to play with, I ran upstairs to feed Steven and take a shower.

There I am scrubbing away singing in the shower feeling completely relaxed when in comes William followed by Bella.

“Aunt Laura, there is somebody at the front door and it is not Uncle Travis and it is not the mailman.”

All righty then. Who in the world is at my front door? Is it UPS with a package? Fed Ex? I have no clue. I tell Bella to go down stairs and wait for me. DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR! Just wait.

I rinse off and jump out of the shower. Wrap a towel around my head like a turban and don a ratty tatty robe. I race down the stairs and peek out the window.

GFI. Mental head slap. I had scheduled the GFI guy to come and check my air conditioner for a regular maintenance inspection and I had completely forgotten. I let him in, and promptly apologize for making him wait.

This is the same guy who always comes to the house to service out heating and cooling system. His response is a simple, no problem. Then he looks around and tells me “you have a full house today don’t you?” Three kids in their pj’s and mom in her robe. We must have looked very efficient.

Needless to say, he worked his GFI heating and cooling magic and was out the door rather quickly.

Once the door was shut and Mr. GFI guy was gone I sat down on my bed and laughed. How crazy I must have seemed. I must have appeared completely scatter brained.

I figure this is a great way to start summer. With a laugh.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Sounds like a day-in-the-life of... me! Glad you had a sense of humor about it! Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! I guess it could have been worse!
    http://sweetteaserendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. No profanity, this is a family friendly blog. No SPAM.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...