Sunday, October 16, 2011

Yummy! A Quick and Easy Healthy Breakfast

I am a big fan of food that is quick and easy to make. As a mother of two little boys 2 years-old and under I do not have a lot of time to dedicate to complicated meals.

I also do not have a ton of time to dedicate to working off excess calories. So I have been trying to come up with healthy meals that are simple enough that even I can make them. One of my favorite quick and easy meals is something I call “Breakfast Medley”, and it refers to a fun combination of sweet and salty deliciousness. 
 
Breakfast Medley

Breakfast Medley

Preperation Time: less than 5 minutes
Servings: 1 serving

What you need:
½ Cup of plain fat free yogurt
1 Teaspoon of honey
¼ Cup of fruit (I like to use fresh stawberries or blueberries)
6-8 walnuts- chopped

Make  It:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, now dig in and eat!

Seriously, it is just that simple. There is no cooking, freezing, marinating, or deep-frying involved. This recipe is also very flexible, if you like more fuit, put in more fruit. If you like more crunchy saltiness, add more nuts!

This recipe is a quick and easy breakfast recipe that combines the sweet and the salty to create a light and refreshing breakfast alternative. Whenever I make this for breakfast I have to share it with my toddler. He absolutely loves to eat my breakfast medley and I am lucky if I get a bite or two by the time all is said and done.

I was introduced to this recipe by my mother-in-law who is a tiny little thing. Although I do tease her quite frequently about eating like a bird, she is a fabulous source for delicious recipes. So… Thank you Sandy!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...