Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Just in time for Thanksgiving: Quick & Easy Pecan Pie Recipe!

Pecan Pie

I know that when most people think of Thanksgiving they think of pumpkin pie. Not I! I think of pecan pie when I think about Thanksgiving. Pecan pie, if done correctly, is rich desert that just melts in your mouth. Pecan pie is one of my favorite deserts and it is also one of the easiest to make.
This particular pecan pie recipe was given to me by my mother who is a phenomenal cook/baker. It is a quick and easy desert recipe that is delicious! My two year old loves it too!

Ingredients
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1 Cup Pecans
  • ¾ Cup Sugar
  • 1 Cup Corn Syrup (Dark or ½Dark and ½Light )
  • 1/3 Cup Butter/Margarine (Melted)
  • 1 9” Unbaked Pastry Shell
  • Pinch of Salt
Directions:
1.   Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2.   Beat eggs thoroughly with sugar, pinch of salt, corn syrup, and melted butter (Note: Make sure the butter has cooled down before adding it to the rest of the mixture or else it will cook the egg and you will have to start over).

3.   Pour 1 cup of pecans into the uncooked pie shell. Poor the egg mixture over the pecans.

4.   Cover in tin foil and Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Remove tin foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes.

As a side note: If you are worried about overflow or making a mess in your oven use a cookie sheet. I usually place my pies directly on a cookie sheet and then into the oven in order to avoid overflow.
I have baked pecan pie several times using this recipe and have never had a bad pie. In fact, I am lucky if my pecan pie can make it to the occasion it was originally baked for.
Pecan Pie

Pecan Pie

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...