Sunday, January 8, 2012

Best Mommy ME Time Ever: An afternoon of errands and pedicures. #CBias

One of my favorite things to do on the weekends is to carve out a little Mommy ME time. With my hubby at home all weekend long I am able to sneak off when the kiddos are down for a nap for a little mommy me time. Before I can head out the door I have to check a couple things off of my list, because mommy me time also includes a few errands that need to be done as well.

Nail SalonOnce I am sure that I have everything I need I am ready to head to the nail salon and enjoy some rest and relaxation with one of my best friends. My friend recommended a nail salon called Bravia Nails in Oswego IL. Although I had never heard of this salon before, I was happy to try something new.

As soon as you walk in the salon you see a counter with a sign-in sheet and a wide selection of nail polish colors and brands to choose from for your manicure or pedicure. They also sell a wide variety of nail polishes, nail repair paraphernalia, and lotions.

Something interesting that this salon does that I have not seen before at other nail salons I have been to is a nail polish testing area. If you are unsure of the nail polish color you can open the bottle and brush the polish onto a piece of paper. I found this to be extremely helpful in my selection process {I have a tendency to be a little indecisive when it comes to little things, like nail color, clothing, and hair styles}.

Inside Nail SalonProduct sold at SalonNail Polish Choice
The salon itself is broken up into three sections: The waiting area, the manicure area, and the pedicure area. The waiting area is in the front of the salon and there is a small section of seats and tables for you to sit at and flip through magazines while you wait. The manicure section is compromised of two rows of tables with the employees on the inside and the guests on the outside sitting in very comfortable elegant chairs. The pedicure area is also compromised of two rows of seating; along each wall is a row of massage pedicure stations.  They even have adorable little pedicure stations for little girls having a spa day.

The salon itself was clean and smelled nice. The pedicure area was dimly lit, creating a relaxing atmosphere. My friend and I were seated next to each other and handed a menu to peruse. There were so many options to choose from that I got a little overwhelmed and went with a simple pedicure. Maybe next time I will be a little more daring.

Once my pedicure stylist arrived to get started I pointed out to her that I had recently stubbed my toe and it was very tender and had a cut on it. She was gentle and extremely careful of my sad little toe. My feet were soaked and cleaned and scrubbed and polished to perfection. I spent an hour in a massage chair sipping an ice tea while being pampered. My pedicure stylist was nice and asked me questions throughout the pedicure, making sure that she was not hurting my injured toe.

My pedicure cost me $25.00 plus tip and was well worth it. I probably would have paid more for such a relaxing and enjoyable experience. The fact that I am terrible at painting my own nails has nothing to do with it. There is nothing quite like sitting in a comfy chair, being massaged for an hour, and having someone else make your not-so-pretty feet look and feel pampered and perfect. I will definitely be going back.
Before PedicureAfter Pedicure

After my mommy me time at the salon with my girlfriend I had a few errand to run while I was child free. I was super speeding while running my errands and was able to be back at home before both the kiddos woke up from naptime. As a thank you to my hubby for letting me have my mommy me time I made sure to pick up a cherry limeade on my way home. My husband loves limeades!

You can read my Google+ story to read more about my mommy me time afternoon and to see more photos.

This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias Opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. You may read more of my disclosure here.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...