Thursday, January 19, 2012

DIY Photo Frame!

I have had so much fun finding and pinning ideas, arts, crafts and recipes that I fear I will never get around to doing any of them unless I jump right in…. So I am starting a Pinterest Project Thursday Meme. Every Thursday {hopefully I can keep this up for a while} I will tackle a Pinterest Project and share with you both the original “Pin” as well as my version of the project. This can be arts, crafts, recipes, or projects… pretty much anything. I encourage you to join in! One Pinterest Project at a time!

I have been working on one particular project for a while and it is taking quite some time to finish up so this week’s Pinterest Project is one my sister-in-law has done. My sister-in-law Wendy is one of the craftiest people I know. This woman got me started with scrapbooking and is the one who sent me my invitation to Pinterest. She is usually my partner in crime when it comes to doing Pinterest projects and my go-to gal for all my arts and crafts.

This week I am sharing with you my sister-in-laws crafty photo opp creation! 
SIL Version:
 DIY Photo Frame
What you need for this craft:
  • Cardboard
  • Box cutter
  • Spray paint
  • Sharpie
  • String
  • Old Newspaper or extra paper {so you don’t get spray paint on the floor}
Make it:
1.   Take some old cardboard {from a toy box or appliance packaging} and use the box cutters to make the shape of the frame
2.   Cut the frame the right shape.
3.   Lay down extra paper for overspray and sprayed two coats of paint.
4.   Write on the bottom for the occasion.
5.   Hang with string from banister spindles… or tree… or gazebo… really this can be hung anywhere J

Rating: *****
It was simple to make. If doing this again the bottom rung would have been thicker so that it looked more like a Polaroid frame, but at 11pm the night before the party Wendy was in a hurry.{I think it turned out adorable!} People had a cute spot to pose for pictures and the frame was super cute at the birthday party.  
What a great DIY project!

The original Pin:

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...