Friday, February 3, 2012

TurboFire Fitness Friday Week 2

Week 2 of TurboFire:
I am on week 2 of TurboFire, a high intensity cardio workout, and I am loving it! No… I am being completely serious. I already feel like I have more energy during the day to keep up with my kids. Although I have to hype myself up for every single workout {because YES they are that intense!}I find that I am smiling and enjoying myself while exercising.

This week totally kicked my behind. I thank the good Lord every Wednesday that Wednesday is my rest day. My booty and shoulders are feeling the after effects of working hard and I had to modify one of my workouts this week in order to keep up. Those Core and Sculpting classes are no joke! But at least I had the entertainment of my son trying to use the resistance bands right along with me… “This is too hard mommy, I need water… You need some water too.” My son #NailedIT!

Measured Progress:
Weight: -.5lb
Waist:  -.5in
Hips:  -1.5in
Chest:  same
Right Arm: -.5in
Left Arm: -.5in
Right Thigh: -1.5in
Left Thigh: -1.5in

Class Schedule
TurboFire uses terms like Fire class, HIIT Class, Core Class, Sculpt Class, Tone Class, and Stretch Class. I use the terms workout, tone, and cool down. Each Class denotes it time through its title, I am just going to tell you the length of the classes, but let me tell you this; the shorter the length of a workout the more intense the workout is.

How did I do this week? Did I do all of the workouts (classes) in the schedule?

The answer is yes, I completed all of my workouts this week. During the toning and sculpting workouts I had to use the modifications provided, simply because I do not yet possess the strength to keep up with Chalene quite yet. That is my new goal… Keep up with Chalene!

Saturday: 30 minute workout and 10 minute cool down
Sunday: 20 minute toning and 40 minute cool down
Monday: 45 minute workout and 10 minute cool down
Tuesday: 20 minute workout and 10 minute cool down
Wednesday:  Rest Day! {Thank you Lord!}
Thursday: 15 minute class and 30 minute toning
Friday: 55 minute workout

My Reaction to this program:
This week I had to use the provided modifications for the first time ever. I was so happy that there were modifications provided and that Chalene encourages the audience to listen to their bodies and do what feels right for them. I did not feel guilty for doing the modifications, and I pushed myself harder so that the next time I do the toning classes I might be able to rock out and keep up with Chalene’s stamina!

I am getting used to the rhythm of the workouts and the drills and am looking forward to the drills more and more. My son hears the drill bell and comes to run over and do the drills with mommy. Afterwards he is my water-boy and he tells me what he thinks of the drill and its intensity. It brings some comic relief to the high energy high concentration workouts.

I said earlier that the toning and sculpting and core classes were no joke and I meant it. Those classes are hardcore and I am hoping seriously effective. It was definitely my major challenge for this week!

I am seeing progress already with this workout. I am also putting in the work with the goal of seeing results. I don’t believe that there is some miracle pill or wrap that will make you skinny. I believe that with exercise and healthy eating habits I will feel better and look better. But you have to put in the work to see results and that is what pushes me to keep bringing it to each and every workout!

If you are interested in TurboFire or simply need an accountability coach just click on the picture to find out more!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...