Friday, February 10, 2012

TurboFire Fitness Friday Week 3

Week 3 of TurboFire:
I spent the weekend traveling to visit family and TurboFire came along for the trip. I was so proud of myself for working out while on the road and was surprised by how easy it was to do while away from the comforts of home. To top it off I was able to keep up with Chalene during the core workout this week, so my confidence was at an all time high.

I have had a minor setback with TurboFire this week due to illness. Once home from visiting family we were invaded by a virus {never a good thing}. The flu has invaded my house and me along with it. If you have ever had the flu you know that there is no way on God’s green earth that you are doing any form of exercise while you are sick. With me sick and my little baby boy down for the count too we were just trying to recover for most of this week.

I am not a fan of being sick. I find it inconvenient and just plain gross. I don’t have time to be sick. As a mother of two kids I need every second of every day to count and I need my exercise time. My exercise time is my ME time. It is what puts me in a good mood and ready to face the day {well… that and some seriously strong coffee}.

Measured Progress:
Weight: -1 lb
Waist:  -.5 in
Hips:  -.5 in
Chest:  -1 in
Right Arm: same
Left Arm: same
Right Thigh: same
Left Thigh: same

Class Schedule
TurboFire uses terms like Fire class, HIIT Class, Core Class, Sculpt Class, Tone Class, and Stretch Class. I use the terms workout, tone, and cool down. Each Class denotes it time through its title, I am just going to tell you the length of the classes, but let me tell you this; the shorter the length of a workout the more intense the workout is.

How did I do this week? Did I do all of the workouts (classes) in the schedule?

The answer is no, I was not able to complete all of my workouts this week. Due to the flu I spent a majority of this week in bed. I am on the road to recovery and am starting to feel a lot better. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be able to get back on schedule and rock out some TurboFire workouts. They were sorely missed this week.

Saturday: 20 minute core workout and 40 minute cool down
Sunday: 45 minute toning and 10 minute cool down

Monday: 45 minute workout and 10 minute cool down
Tuesday: 25 minute workout and 10 minute cool down
Wednesday:  SICK DAY
Thursday: SICK DAY
Friday: SICK DAY

My Reaction to this program:

I have found that on the days I do not get to do my TurboFire I am grouchy and my fuse is much shorter. Working out with TurboFire sets the pace for my day and gets me moving first thing in the morning, and this week with me sick I definitely missed my workouts.

I can totally feel my muscles getting stronger. I am able to push myself farther each workout. Last week when I did the core workout I had to do the modifications. This week I was able to go head to head with Charlene the entire time. I was so proud of myself {my sister was cheering me on too!}.

Needless to say I am ready to be rid of this nasty flu and back to my workouts. Even my toddler missed mom’s exercising this week.

If you are interested in TurboFire just click on the picture to find out more!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...