Sunday, February 12, 2012

Who’s the Boss: Elmo vs. My Baby

My little ten-month-old is very inquisitive. He is a regular busy body, minus the gossip. Although he does usually have a lot to say, I simply do not speak baby. He is most interested in toys that talk. A simple noise will not do, it needs to speak.

The latest fascination comes from our hand-me-down Elmo doll that my sister Camille gave us. This Elmo talks, sings, giggles, and moves {no wonder he is fascinated… I am fascinated (and annoyed)!}.  Elmo is a little red thing, because really…do you know what Elmo is?

With a simple push of a button Elmo goes off on a tangent and starts to sing his theme song. I don’t know about you, but I do not have a theme song. And if I did have a theme song it would be way cooler than “La la la la. La la la la. Elmo’s World!” Wait a minute; let me try it out, “La la lala, La la lala. Laura’s World!” Yup, it definitely has a ring to it.

I digress. This funny little red thing will start to sing and move and my son is drawn to it like a magnet. At first he was frightened of it and wanted nothing to do with it. Then he watched my older son drag it around the house making it sing and move. Now he shows Elmo who is in charge.

I swear I can see the gears moving in his head: This is MY house, Elmo! I said get down! Hi-yah!

Project 366
Project 366 Day 43 of One Photo A Day

Karate Kid

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...