Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Game Day Challenge with Odwalla and Champions For Kids #OdwallaCFK #CBias


As a mother of two little boys I spend a lot of time running around pretending to be a dinosaur or giving the boys train rides on my back. We run nonstop all day long and we give 110% to whatever activity we participate in. My family is extremely active and with the weather warming up we are looking forward to expanding our list of healthy activities to include more sports. Being active is an essential component to being healthy and I am trying to raise happy healthy children.

Not everyone has the ability or the resources to choose a healthy active lifestyle. Some people do not have the equipment needed to play sports and some don’t have access to a safe place to engage in these activities.

This month I partnered with Odwalla and  Champions for Kids for another SIMPLE Service Project {#OdwallaCFK}. The SIMPLE Service “Game Day Challenge” is centered on the idea of being healthy and being active with Odwalla.



For this project my children and I purchased items at Walmart to donate to a local church that is active in the community. We bought Odwalla juice, a healthy multigrain snack, jump ropes, frisbees, bubbles, and chalk. We chose these items because being active can be as simple as chasing bubbles in the backyard.

Check out our entire shopping experience in my Google+ album.

We chose to donate our “Game Day Challenge” package to a church that hosts various programs created specifically for children. The Advent Christian Church offers a number of programs catering to all ages. There are youth ministries for teens and children’s ministries for children aged 5-5th grade.  From Sunday school to vacation bible school, this church is positively contributing to the well being of their community. We chose this church as the recipient for our SIMPLE Service project because they are active and engaged in their community.


I have taken part in a few SIMPLE Service challenges and each and every time I am amazed at how my children grow because of their participation. They love to give of themselves and more than anything else they love to help others. I enjoy giving back to my community and being able to use this experience to teach my children the importance of community and working together.

My children are active participants in the SIMPLE Service projects from beginning to end. We discuss the SIMPLE Service projects and who we want to donate them to as a family. We make our lists, go shopping, and take the donations to their destinations together. Both of my children are involved every step of the way and they love it!

The Champions For Kids SIMPLE Service projects are a great way to give back. The projects are simple and easy to do. What may seem small to you may be life changing for someone else. It is all about perspective. You can make a difference and I encourage you to reach out and find a way to be Champions For Kids in your community.

To learn more about Champions for Kids visit them on Twitter, Facebook, or visit their Website.


I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™. #CBias #SocialFabric
Regardless, all of the thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...