Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen: French Quarter food in my neck of the woods!

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen

I don’t know if I have mentioned this before, but I love New Orleans. It is my favorite city in the entire United States of America to visit. I simply love New Orleans.

I have had the opportunity and pleasure of visiting this fabulous city both pre and post Katrina and I fall more and more in love with it each time I go. It is a city full of flavor. The food is phenomenal, the drinks are delicious, and the locals are lively. It is a fun place to go for both relaxation and entertainment! There is a variety of activities you can do and some great sites to see if you have the time and inclination.

I think my favorite thing about New Orleans is the food. Everything tastes amazing! The seafood is fresh and the spices flow freely. Be it oysters, gumbo, or a simple po boy, New Orleans knows how to make it better.

My husband and I have been itching to get back to New Orleans for a little R&R, but the timing just hasn’t been right. We were hoping to go last year, but with a brand new little itty bitty baby those plans flew out the window. So instead I have been trying new Cajun style recipes at home to tide myself over. Some of them have turned out pretty well, while others have not.

My father-in-law told my husband about a restaurant nearby that he really liked. It is a Cajun style restaurant that really knows how to make a meal! The restaurant is called Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen and it is all that and then some.

We ate oysters, had lobster, and devoured shrimp. The food was awesome. It was seasoned to perfection and the service was impeccable (We had a fabulous waiter named Paris!). I asked my hubby to remind me to take a picture of the food before we ate it, which obviously didn’t happen. Once the food arrived it was just as quickly consume. My only complaint is that my food was so delicious I didn’t save room for desert.

After we cleaned our plates our waiter brought around a tray of deserts. Crème Brulèe, Bread Pudding Soufflé, and Sweet Potato Pecan Pie were among the display and I instantly wished that I had saved room for a taste of each! Maybe next time I will remember to eat a little less so that I can enjoy a little more.

We visited the Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in Westmont IL and loved the experience. I cannot wait to go back… I have already started planning what I want to try next!


Project 366 Day 87 of One Photo A Day
Project 366

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...