Monday, June 11, 2012

Kicking off the summer with some good family fun!



The boys playing on an abandoned railway


Each summer I take my niece and my nephew for a week each. We plan family friendly outings around town as well as trips to places like Six Flags Great America. It is a week filled with places to go and people to see. This is the week that I have my nephew, so we are very very busy!

My nephew came on Thursday evening and already we have gone to a park, had a picnic, visited the zoo, went to a baseball game, and spent a day at Six Flags! I am exhausted and it is only Monday. This week we have plans for each and every day and even more plans for each and every evening. I am not kidding you… my calendar looks like my three year-old got a hold of a sharpie.

Although doing this is tiring and I am utterly exhausted by the end of each day I love it! I adore my nephew and cherish the fact that my children are able to grow up knowing their cousins. I grew up in a large family and can remember going to visit my cousins as a child. I loved family vacations where I got to spend an extended period of time with family. I want that for my children.

The boys playing at the park.

And what better way to kick off summer than with some good old fashioned family fun time? I am thinking that later this week the sprinkler will be coming out and we may have ourselves a little car wash… my car does need a good cleaning :o)

I know that we are very busy people with a lot on our plate right now {have I mentioned we are selling our home and buying a new one?}, but I love being able to take a step back and truly enjoy the blessings of family. I may seem to go a little bananas every once in a while and that is okay {I am much more than a little bananas}. I love and appreciate my extended family and could not be happier that they want to come and spend part of their summer with me.

The boys are having a blast spending time together and things are going smoothly thus far {knock on wood}. We have some more fun filled events planned for this week and I am looking forward to them with relish. I am also looking forward to curling up in my bed at the end of the day and sleeping a solid 8 hours.

This is how I am kicking off my summer, how are you kicking off yours?

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...