Thursday, September 13, 2012

Asian Flavor Dinner with Sesame Broccoli Recipe #FrozenFavorites


There are many nights throughout the year that I don’t have to make a huge production of dinner. On nights that my husband has a meeting or a game to go to I don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen making a full blown meal for myself. That would just be ridiculous. Needless to say, I am always on the lookout for quick and simple healthy meals and side dishes. One of my favorites is the sesame broccoli recipe.

Sesame Broccoli



























Preparation Time: less than 10 minutes
What you need:
  • 1 lb Broccoli
  • 1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce -low sodium
  • Pinch of Sesame Seeds
  • ½ teaspoon of Sesame Oil
  • 1 teaspoon of Olive Oil


Make it:
  1. Cut the broccoli into spears.
  2. Place about 1-2 inches of water in pan and bring to a boil. Add broccoli and cook for 4-  6 minutes uncovered.
  3. In a separate bowl combine the olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, and sesame seeds and mix well.
  4. Drain the broccoli and mix it in with the liquid mixture in the bowl.
Viola! You have a quick and east sesame broccoli side dish that takes less than ten minutes to make and tastes great! Did I mention it was healthy? Yup, this broccoli side dish is a great source of Iron and vitamin C. The sesame broccoli was super quick and easy to make... but what to eat with it?

A quick look at the menu this week told me that I was on my own for dinner on Wednesday evening. “Leftovers” is code for fend for yourself in my home. A quick swipe of the pen and my leftovers got turned into “Lean Cuisine” and broccoli. Yes, that sounded a lot better than leftovers. A quick look in my freezer and I discovered I did not have any Lean Cuisines.


My husband recently purchased our membership to Sam’s Club and we quickly discovered the convenience and savings of buying certain items in bulk. Since this was a fairly recent acquisition, I had not had the opportunity to visit Sam’s Club myself and was looking for any old excuse to go shopping there.  



Sam's Club


Sam's Club
 
I was pleasantly surprised by the bang I got for my buck. I purchased the Lean Cuisine – Asian Flavor 6 pack that included the Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry, the Ginger Garlic Stir Fry with Chicken, and the Sesame Chicken for $11.25 at Sam’s Club. This is slightly less expensive than my regular grocery store.
  
Lean Cuisine - Asian Flavor 6 Pack Frozen Dinner

Sam's Club ShoppingLean Cuisine

You can see the rest of my shopping experience via this Google + photo album here.

Once home it was time to get the groceries put away and dinner on the table. Since it was just the boys and I for dinner I decided to try out the Sesame Chicken Lean Cuisine dinner. When I eat Asian flavored food I like to either pair it with an asparagus salad or with sesame broccoli. Since I was going with sesame chicken, I thought sesame broccoli would be perfect.

Lean Cuisine #FrozenFavorites

I popped the broccoli into the boiling water and the frozen dinner in the microwave and in a matter of minutes dinner was served. I really enjoyed my Sesame Chicken Lean Cuisine meal. It was a quick, easy, and healthy dinner option for this busy mom. On days when I don’t want to cook and I don’t have to cook I can defiantly see myself reaching into my freezer for this #FrozenFavorites quick meal fix. 

Be sure to check out Lean Cuisine via their website, on Facebook, Twitter, and at Sam’s Club.

I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and (Nestle) LEAN CUISINE #CBias #SocialFabric” Regardless, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.

 

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...