Thursday, September 27, 2012

Making a date night possible with the Avengers Augmented Reality App #MarvelAvengersWMT #CBias


Shopping can get a little tedious when you are taking little ones into the stores with you. Usually when I go shopping I do it during snack time. This way I can pack a snack and a juice and hope that is enough to keep my children occupied for a quick trip to the store. Unfortunately, more often than not when the snacks are done so is the shopping trip.

Needless to say, I am always looking for ways to keep the kiddos entertained while shopping. They are always ready for an adventure and as a result I have tried to make our shopping trips more interactive and fun for them. Sometimes we go on a treasure hunt for a particular product {usually the last item that makes it in the shopping cart} and other times we play letter games throughout the store. With release of The Avengers movie my entire family has been very interested in costumes and super heroes.

While both of my boys love capes and helmets and super heroes, my husband and I are the true geeks of the family. We are all about gizmos and gadgets and love our Apps. We were both into comics when we were younger and love Marvel! We have seen Thor, Iron Man, The Hulk, and Captain America and loved them all! Since we missed seeing The Avengers in theaters I knew that it was a movie that we needed to purchase and when I saw on iTunes that there was an app for that I was quick to download it.

While the movie The Avengers would make a great date night for my husband and me, the Avengers Augmented Reality App was really a treat for the kids and I to enjoy. Earlier this week I took my youngest with me on a special shopping trip to pick up The Avengers Blue-Ray/DVD/Graphic Novel combo pack {because we love out comics} and dinner for a date night and we took our Avengers Augmented Reality App on a test drive.

We had ourselves a little #MarvelAvengersWMT Adventure. While shopping we were on the lookout for all things Avengers. We looked everywhere for The Avengers products and were quick to check nearby for an Avengers poster to interact with for the app. It was an interactive treasure hunt that my son and I enjoyed it immensely.






We did not have too difficult of a time locating some trigger points. The trigger points in the toy aisle and the DVD section were easy to locate and we had a great time bringing the posters to life. While I liked taking the quiz to find out which character I would be, my son really got a kick out of taking pictures with the Hulk! Having this app to play with definitely brought our shopping experience to a whole new level. It kept my son entertained during the less interesting aisles. It also made me that much more excited about seeing the movie.

You can see the rest of my shopping experience via this Google + photo album here.

Once home, the boys and I got to work on getting everything ready for The Avengers date night. We cooked our MarketSide pizza and baked our brownies and even pulled out some of dads old comic books to look through. We had the Blue-Ray/DVD/Graphic Novel combo pack all opened up and ready to go for when dad got home. Then we spent some more time paying with the Avengers App and posing for pictures.


After we put the kids down for the night my husband and I enjoyed a fun night watching The Avengers movie, eating brownies, and flipping through comics. My husband and I both enjoy Marvel comics as well as the movies based off of the Marvel comics and we really enjoyed our date night.


My boys are little, but they too seem to be developing a fondness for the superheroes! Do you or your children love The Avengers too? Well then mark your calendars and plan your next visit to Walmart for Saturday, September 29, 2012: there will be special Avengers Character Appearances in select Walmart stores! Make sure you download the app before you go so that you can make an ordinary shopping trip an Avengers treasure hunt for the whole family.

Be sure to check out Marvel via their Website, on Facebook, Twitter, as well as the Exclusive Blu-Ray/DVD/Novel Combo Pack at Walmart.


I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Marvel. #MarvelAvengersWMT #CBias #SocialFabric. Regardless, all thoughts and opinions expressed here are 100% my own and may differ from that of others.


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...