Friday, October 26, 2012

Dial Into Giving Champions For Kids SIMPLE Service Project #DialCFK #CBias

Dial into giving #DialCFK #CBias


I enjoy giving back to my community and I really enjoy involving my children whenever possible. I was recently given the opportunity to participate in another Champions For Kids SIMPLE Service Project and I could not be more excited about it! This month my family will DIAL into giving to our local homeless shelter and I highly encourage you to do the same.
Hesed House is the second largest shelter in Illinois. But they are much more than a typical homeless shelter. Hesed House offers different programs to help get people back on their feet. The Hesed House's mission is to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, shelter the homeless and give people the chance to hope again. The have Christmas wish lists available on their website as well as an urgent needs list. The urgent needs list consists of a lot of hygiene products as well as other items that are in demand at the time. I knew after a quick glance at this list that we could definitely put together a hygiene care kit to donate… and maybe talk some other people into donating as well.

I took my boys on a shopping trip to a nearby Walmart where we bought Dial soap, shampoo, cotton swabs, and cotton balls for our donation. We had a great time picking out items for the shelter and the boys had definite opinions on what should be purchased. We spent quite some time perusing aisles until we everything we needed. Once our shopping cart was full we headed home to spread the word about our Champions For Kids mission.


Walmart Dial into giving #DialCFK Shampoo going down the aisles Shopping basket full of donations

Once home, we spent some time making phone calls and sending out emails asking for donations. We received some great feedback {thank you family & friends for your donations!}. Since the boys were super excited about this project we went ahead and brought over our donations to the Hesed House this week. We will be making a second trip over to the Hesed House with our second round of donations in early November. 

During this time of year I am reminded to be thankful for my family. I count my blessings and take some time to show my gratitude and appreciation by helping those who may not be as fortunate as I. I am reminded that there are others out there who do not have a roof over their head, a bed to sleep in, or a table to eat at. These people could use a helping hand. 

Gathering Donations for Dial Champions For Kids
Heading to the Hesed House to drop off donations


Is there a homeless shelter or an organization in your community that could benefit from a Dial Champions for Kids Simple Service Project? Leave a comment and share your ideas on how to help!

For more information about the Dial Into Giving SIMPLE Service Project, follow Champions For Kids on Twitter and Facebook.  Also, follow Dial on Twitter and Facebook.

I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Dial Soaps, however the views and opinions expressed here are very much my own. #DialCFK #CBias #SocialFabric



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...