Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Home Makeover Progress: Guest room.

The new house is starting to feel way more like home these days with all of the progress we are making. Our latest accomplishment that I would like to share with you is the removal of the wallpaper borders.

I am not a fan of borders. This is my own personal taste and I know that there are people out there that love them… I am just not one of them. Have I mentioned that in the new house there were a lot of borders?

Before - fourth bedroom
Fourth Bedroom

Nursery
Nursery

Upstairs Bathroom
Upstairs Bathroom
Kitchen - before
Kitchen
Master Bedroom Border
Master Bedroom

Slowly but surely we are getting rid of all of the borders and adding our own personal style to this new house. The stenciled borders have not been too difficult to remove. My husband is in charge of removing the wallpaper border in the bedroom and bathroom and I think he did a great job. I hear that this process is difficult, but he seems to be able to remove the wallpaper border without any issues.

So what to do now that the fourth bedroom is without a wallpaper border? Why paint it of course! This room will serve as a guest room until we have another baby. At that point in time it will be converted into a nursery. So I needed to pick out a color that would work for both {I only want to paint this room once}.
I thought about going with a gray color because I have seen warm gray tones that look very pretty and chic and fun, but I am thinking that the boy’s bathroom will be painted gray and I will do a Mickey Mouse or a Dr. Seuss theme in there. So I decided to go with a yellow. Something not to bright but not macaroni and cheese yellow either. The color I went with is called Cream Oat, by Vaspar. I like it {obviously – since I picked it out and painted an entire room in this color}.

Before and After Bedroom progress

While it is far from complete, it will do for now. Progress in the house seems to be moving right along. We are getting ready to seal up the basement walls and get started on that project. I have borrowed my father’s air compressor and I will get his nail gun this weekend. We are getting bids on plumbing work {basement bathroom and possible laundry room}. Things seem to be moving in the right direction.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...