Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving Plans


Where did the year go? Heck, where did the month of November go? I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is already here and it is time to sit around the table with family to give thanks and feast. This year has simply flown by!


I feel like I was just getting ready to put my house on the market; spending my days tidying up after a houseful of boys. I know that it was just the other day that I was taking the kids to the park for a picnic… wasn’t it? Halloween came and went and all of a sudden Thanksgiving is knocking down my door.



Thank goodness I am not hosting Thanksgiving this year. We have celebrated Fakes-giving with my in-laws and will be celebrating Thanksgiving this year with my parents in southern Illinois. My parents are hosting Thanksgiving this year and have opened their home up to the entire family… It is quite a large family. This means that there will be a gazillion relatives {aunts, uncles, cousins, and more} under one roof for a day. It should be pretty loud but lots of fun.

I am not cooking anything. I am bringing easy items for leftover dinner/lunch the next day. *sigh of relief* As I have not been feeling too well lately this is a huge blessing. Sadly, this means I will not be sharing any outstanding Thanksgiving recipes with you {sorry}.


I am very much looking forward to seeing my family and spending time with cousins I rarely get to see. My boys love playing with their cousins and always try to keep up with the older ones who seem to have an endless supply of energy. I cannot wait to eat my mother’s black forest cake and nibble on {HA! -scarf down-} some green bean casserole.

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Do you plan on traveling? Is there something special you make every year?



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...