Thursday, January 31, 2013

Almost halfway there #Pregnancy Week 19

How Far Along: 19 Weeks Pregnant {19 weeks 5 days}
Due Date: June 22nd, 2013
Boy or girl: Big gender reveal to come soon … I know, but I am trying to be a little creative with this reveal and think a little intrigue will be fun!
Bump Picture: Bump, bump, bump {baby}… Bump, bump, bump {baby}… Bump, bump, bump {baby}… I am having a total Sheldon Cooper Big Bang Theory moment. Oh and I took the picture myself again this week {I am sure that ME holding the camera was the first clue}.


Baby Development:  The baby’s sensory development is growing by leaps and bounds! Nerves for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch are all being developed in the baby’s brain.

The baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom. The arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of the body now. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

19 Weeks Pregnant

Symptoms: I am a little tender. Since my body is growing and getting bigger in preparation of this bundle of joy, it is also becoming a bit tender and sore. Nothing a nice warm shower and some stretching cannot alleviate, but still… was not expecting this so early.

Currently craving: Chocolate and fruit – together. The boys and I made chocolate covered strawberries and now I want to dip everything in chocolate. I will totally be hitting up the fresh fruits in the produce aisle this week at the grocery store.   

Currently Avoiding: I am doing pretty good this week with nothing really making me queasy.

Belly button status: In.

Movement: Feeling little movements every once in a while. No real kicking or rolling still.

Names: We will be revealing the name next week, right after -or may in conjunction with- the big gender reveal.

Any appointments?: In two weeks I meet with my doctor for another appointment.   

Any baby related purchases?: Not yet.

Other: 
I started doing my Moms Into Fitness prenatal workouts and am loving them so far. They are really upbeat, but man oh man was I sore after my first day of cardio and strength training.  Doing nothing the entire first trimester totally took its toll on my body.





Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...