Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Quick and Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe

love chicken parmesan. I like to pair it with a little salad and some garlic bread for a well rounded meal… but in a bind I am perfectly content with just the chicken parmesan. In fact it might be my absolute favorite meal to eat.

Some restaurants make phenomenal chicken parmesan and some restaurants completely botch it. My favorite chicken parmesan to eat is the chicken parmesan my husband makes. It is tender, juicy, and crisp all at the same time. I love it and am excited to share the recipe with you!


What you need:
1 Large Egg
2 Tablespoons water
2/3 Cup Dry Bread Crumbs
1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 Cup Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
2 Chicken Breasts (halved)
1 Container of Tomato Pasta Sauce (14 oz)
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

How to Make it:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 F. 
  2. In a small bowl combine the egg and water.
  3. In a separate bowl mix the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
  4. Dip chicken breasts into egg mixture, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
  5. Heat oil in a medium size skillet over medium heat.
  6. Cook the chicken in oil about 5 minutes, turning once, until light brown.
  7. Place the chicken in an ungreased baking dish {I use a 9x9 dish}.
  8. Pour the pasta sauce over chicken and sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
  9. Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is light brown.

We make this with spaghetti noodles {I prefer wheat noodles.}  About 2oz per person is a pretty good serving size when accompanied with the chicken. If you are planning on making a pasta to accompany the chicken parmesan I would suggest putting the chicken parmesan in the oven and then immediately putting water on to boil. This way the water will boil and the noodles will cook and everything will be done at the same time.

As I said earlier this is my favorite dish and I only just realized what an easy chicken parmesan recipes this truly was. Usually my hubby makes it and I just gobble it down greedily. But after having made this myself I knew it was one I had to share. Yum!

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!



This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday
Coping With Frugality

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...