Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Chocolate Toffee Chip Cookies Recipe


I am not a huge dessert fan. In fact I usually prefer fresh fruit to sugary sweets… unless it involves chocolate. If there is chocolate involved I am usually more than willing to give it a try.

Lately I have been on a toffee and chocolate kick as well and have been munching on heath bars in order to get my toffee and chocolate fix. These cookies are replacing my health bar addiction. With Valentine’s Day just around the corner I am in the mood for some sweet treats and these were a big hit over the holidays with family and friends so I thought I would share.

What you need:
  • 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips 
  • 1 1/2 cup toffee pieces {I used the Heath Toffee chunks found in the baking aisle}
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter {room temp} 
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup light brown sugar 
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon salt

How to Make it:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F. 
  2. In a bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
  3. In another bowl combine the butter and sugars together until creamy and smooth. 
  4. Add the eggs and vanilla to the butter & sugar concoction and mix. Slowly add the flour mixture and blend until completely incorporated. 
  5. Stir in the chocolate and the toffee.
  6. Drop medium size balls of dough onto a baking sheet {or use the Whoopie Pie Pan} and bake 12-15 minutes or until cookies have just started to turn a golden brown.
  7. Let sit for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Source: This recipe has been adapted from the Blue Eyed Bakers: Salted Toffee Chocolate Chunk Cookies

My husband likes these cookies on the softer side and I like them a little crunchy. So for his batch I take them out of the oven at 11 minutes and for my batch I leave them in for about 13-15 minutes. Depending on your oven this will vary.

These are highly addictive cookies so beware… you cannot have just one!


Do you have a favorite sweet treat that you cannot get enough of?

This post is being submitted at the Delicious Dish Tuesday link-up so make sure you stop by and check out all the delicious recipes linked up there!

Full Time Mama


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...