Monday, February 4, 2013

Fun Ways to do a Gender Reveal!



Last week I had the big gender revealing ultra sound and I have been greedily sitting on the big news for almost a week. It has been really hard not to post it on Facebook and shout it from the rooftops (well… maybe not the rooftops – it has been a bit chilly for that). I have almost slipped several times in posts, comments, and discussions I have participated in since finding out.

So why have I not spilled the beans yet? I wanted to get a little creative and think about some fun ways to share the news. Simply blurting out “I’m having a _______!” would not do. So I basked in the knowledge for a day and then put on my thinking cap. I needed to get the creative juices flowing and that meant a brainstorming session.


What are some fun ways to announce the baby’s gender? Should I do a BIG gender reveal or should I be coy? Should it be a photo or something edible? Well… a picture is worth a thousand words, so out came the camera…

My BIG and edible gender reveal:

Gender Reveal Picture

Gender Reveal Ultrasound Picture

Gender Reveal Sign Picture

Gender Reveal Cupcake Picture

{if you want to know how I did the gender reveal cupcakes... here it is in a picture .}

How to make gender reveal cupcakes

Surprise! In case you didn’t get it from the pictures, we are having a baby girl! We are incredibly excited about this. As a mother of two little boys I am thrilled that I get to experience what having a little girl is like. I know my two sons will be awesome big brothers for this little girl and she will no doubt have her father wrapped around her little finger in no time. We are truly blessed! 

Did you do a gender reveal? If so what did you do?



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...