Thursday, May 30, 2013

Anytime now #Pregnancy Week 36

Part of me is hoping to go until my due date and another part of me would be perfectly fine with baby Julia coming anytime now. While the house is nowhere near ready and my hospital bag is still not packed, I am getting pretty uncomfortable and big… which is to be expected at 36 weeks.

How Far Along: 
36 Weeks Pregnant {36 weeks 5 days}

Due Date: 
June 22nd, 2013

Boy or girl: 
Girl!

Bump Picture: 
Bump bump bump buuuummmmpp!


Pregnancy Week 36

 Pregnancy Week 36

Baby Development:  
Baby Julia is still packing on the pounds - about an ounce a day. She should now weigh almost 6 pounds and be more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa {the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath}.

At the end of this week, baby Julia will be considered full-term {full-term is 37 to 42 weeks}.According to my last doctor’s appointment this week she is in a head-down position. Woo Hoo!

Symptoms:
Lots of movement still and I have to make a gazillion trips to the ladies room. Have I mentioned that I am totally exhausted all the time now and have been taking naps with the boys instead of blogging lately… yeah… sorry about that. I am just tuckered out lately. My belly is also really tight – as in it is starting to feel like she is running out of room in there.

Currently craving: 
Veggies still. Specifically – Portillo’s chopped salad.

Currently Avoiding: 
Nothing.

Belly button status: 
Flat

Movement:
Baby Julia had a bad case of the hiccups this week. It was comical to watch my belly bounce as she had her hiccup fit.

Name:
Julia

Any appointments?: 
I saw the doctor this week and had my Strep B test done and discovered that Julia’s head is down. So we are moving in the right direction. From here on out I will be seeing my doctor every week, but I guess that is not a big deal when I only have about 3 more weeks to go.

Any baby related purchases?:
No purchases {aside from some diapers} this week, but I am planning on sewing a baby blanket soon and will need more fabric for the crib skirt I want to sew to match. I am also thinking about wall art and a mobile. But I think that for this nursery I will be trying to embrace my inner craftiness more than store bought purchases. We will see just how exhausted I truly am and where that motivation will be coming from.


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...