Tuesday, May 21, 2013

How to make Chicken Tetrazzini #Recipe


My mother always made turkey tetrazzini after holidays as a way to use up the leftover turkey and provide an easy no fuss meal for the whole family that didn’t feel like leftovers. Over the years she has changed the recipe up a bit and made it with turkey for after the holidays and with chicken for nights that we want tetrazzini without having to cook a whole bird.

This is a really simple meal that I have come to love making for my family. While this dish is a great post-holiday meal, it is also a great dinner for any night of the week. You can make it ahead and pop it in the oven to bake whenever you get home. I have made it for a sick friend, for a pot luck, and for dinner for my family on many occasions. It doesn’t get old and it is a great go-to meal – as everything used to make it are staple ingredients in my kitchen. 


Chicken Tetrazzini


What you need:
8 oz spaghetti noodles
1 Onion {chopped}
2 Tablespoons Butter
3 Tablespoons Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Mustard {dry seasoning}
¼ Teaspoon Pepper
1 ½ Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese {shredded}
1 ½ Cup Chicken Broth
1 Can Evaporated Milk {13 oz}
1 Can Mushrooms
3 Cups diced Chicken {or turkey} Cooked
¼ Cup Parmesan


How to make it:
Cook and dice up the chicken/turkey {I usually make this with leftover chicken. But you can cook 2-3 chicken breasts and dice them up too.}
Cook and drain the spaghetti noodles.
Sauté the chopped onion in the butter over medium heat until the onion is opaque.
Remove from heat and blend in the flour, salt, mustard, and pepper.
Slowly stir in the evaporated milk and chicken broth.
Place back on the stove top and cook until thickened stirring frequently.
Let boil for 1 minute.
Stir in the cheese, mushrooms, chicken {or turkey}, and cooked spaghetti noodles.
Pour mixture into a 9x13 oven safe baking dish.
Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees
Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Eat up!

How to make chicken tetrazzini


I was trying to describe this meal to a friend of mine who had never heard of it before and I was at a complete loss for words. This meal was a staple in my house and I was surprised that my friend had no idea what it was. Didn’t everyone make chicken tetrazzini?

Chicken tetrazzini is a simple and delicious creamy- cheesy casserole and I love it. I usually like to serve it with garlic bread and a side of broccoli or a light salad. This great little casserole is something that reminds me of home and my childhood and every time I make it I think of my mom.

Do you have a meal that reminds you of home, if so what is it?


This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy:

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...