Monday, June 24, 2013

Circus Themed Party

My little boy turned 2 in April and to celebrate I threw him a circus themed birthday party complete with carnival games, face painting, and finger foods galore. It was not crazy over the top {at least I don’t think it was} and it was a pretty intimate affair – as only family was invited. Regardless, we embraced the circus theme and ran with it.

Circus Themed Birthday Party

I made a Ring Toss Game and a Tin Can Toss Game for everyone to play with {you can find the tutorial for how to make these HERE}. These were a big hit and the little ones especially liked participating in these games.

DIY Carnival / Circus Themed Games
The older kids played a bean bag toss game {or “Corn Hole” if you are from the Midwest}.There was face painting that everyone enjoyed – yes even some of the adults participated!

Carnival Circus Themed Party

Carnival Circus Themed Decoration

The menu was chosen specifically for the theme. We had hot dogs {as well as turkey dogs}, popcorn, fruit on a stick, caprese skewers, chips, and Strawberry Shortcake for dessert.

Carnival Circus Themed Food

I know that I am sharing this party way after the fact, but between pregnancy, housework, and other blog commitments I have gotten a wee bit sidetracked. So here is my son’s circus themed birthday party. Better late than never, right?

It was a lot of fun to put together and it was not super expensive, as the food was cheap as were the decorations – since most of them were created by up-cycling items. I hope you enjoyed seeing our circus themed party.

Do you do themed parties, and if so what has been your favorite?


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...