Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Celebrating Independence Day


Every 4th of July my family heads up north to Wisconsin to watch fireworks over the lake and to spend time with my family. It is a family tradition that I love and look forward to each and every year. Sadly this annual trip did not happen for our family this year. We decided to stay at home as we had a brand new baby and did not want to have to deal with the stress of traveling with a newborn.

Instead this year we dressed the boys in red and walked in our neighborhood Fourth of July parade with my husband’s family. The boys rode their decorated vehicles and I strapped on my baby carrier and walked with baby Julia. It was a very low key laid back holiday and it was nice not to have to stress or worry about anything. We ate, hung out, and even played some family friendly games.

Independence Day Red White and Blue shirts

timeout bench

Independence Day hanging out

4th of July Celebration with the kids


How did you celebrate Independence Day this year?

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...