Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Easy Enchiladas {Freezer Friendly} #Recipe


Life at home with three littles {all 4 years old and under} can make meal time a little hectic. Especially when one parent is completely sleep deprived and there is a newborn in the house. Regardless, people still have to eat. As a result of my current chaotic household status, I have taken a look at my older freezer meal recipes and decided that I needed to add some new ones into the mix.

With the need to keep it simple in mind I asked some friends for their favorite freezer meals to get my creative juices flowing… and as a result I have thrown together this incredibly easy chicken enchilada freezer meal.
  
Easy Enchilada Freezer Friendly Meal Recipe with Picture Tutorial

What you need:
3 chicken breasts
1 cup chopped onion
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
10-12 flour tortillas {medium}
2 cans of red enchilada sauce
1 can black beans

How to Make It:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Take the raw chicken breasts and place them in a pot of water, boil for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.  
Once the chicken is cooked remove from pot and shred {I use two forks and pull it apart}. Set aside.
Drain and rinse the can of black beans.
Mix the beans, chopped onion, shredded chicken, 1 can of red enchilada sauce, and the shredded cheddar cheese in a bowl.
With a spoon fill each flour tortilla, roll them up, and place them with the seams down in an 8x8 baking dish {don’t forget to spray your pan so you don’t stick!}. There should be enough to make three 8x8 pans.
Pour the second can of red enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle some cheese over it.
Bake for 25 minutes.

tutorial on how to make an easy enchilada freezer meal recipe

enchilada freeezer meal (3 dinners) recipe


I use those foil baking dishes for the pans I plan to freeze. They stack really well and are super inexpensive at my grocery store {found in the baking aisle}. This way I can prepare one dish for dinner and make two dishes for the freezer to be used at a later date.

I gobbled these up when I made them and so did hubby. They taste great and go well with Spanish rice. Next time I make this I think I will add some diced green chilies for a little kick, because for some reason I am still craving the spicy food lately.  


What is your favorite freezer friendly dish?


This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy:

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...