Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Super Simple Paella #Recipe


I am all for simple meals, especially meals that do not require a lot of work. Since there is a newborn in the house right now I am pretty much relying on simple recipes {no brainers} to get me through these first couple of months until I get some real sleep again. Believe me – no one wants me to be trying to make difficult dishes right now. My pregnancy-brain has turned into mother-of-a-newborn brain and although it is pretty entertaining it is also quite annoying

Needless to say I will be sharing more simplified, yet still delicious, recipes with you for the next couple of months. Then we can re-evaluate my mother-of-a-newborn brain and see if I can handle more complex recipes again. And now that I have taken a lovely detour into Laura-land {as my husband so lovingly refers to my off topic ranting}, here is a super simple paella recipe for your enjoyment.
  
How to make Paella - recipe

What you need:
1 1/3 cups chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/4 cup pimento stuffed green olives
1/2 diced green pepper
1 cup uncooked Spanish rice mix
3 boneless skinless chicken thighs
10-12 peeled deveined large shrimp

How to Make It:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Combine the chicken broth, diced green peppers, olives, shrimp, paprika, and Spanish rice in a disposable tin foil container {I use 8x8 pans}. Mix.
Cut up the chicken thighs and add them to the top of the paella/Spanish rice mixture.
Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper {lightly}.
Seal the pan with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Take the paella out of the oven and flip the chicken over. Cook for another 15 minutes.

How to make Paella picture tutorial with recipe

Easy Baked Paella

I use a foil 8x8 baking pan for this dish. This is a great camping dish since it can be made in disposable containers and requires no real advanced prep-work. I really loved this dish and thought it was incredibly easy to make. It was a pretty simple – yet very flavorful meal.

Have you ever had Paella?



This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy:

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...