Thursday, August 15, 2013

My experience at the #IWasAHightlightsKid Breakfast


I attended the I was a Highlights Kid Breakfast in Chicago a couple weekends ago and had a wonderful time. I thought I would share with you my experience as well as some tid bits I picked up. It was a lovely event. 

At the breakfast there was coffee, pastires,  fruit, and singing. Yes… you read correctly, there was singing. The Highlights team had us singing an adorable song they created about Hidden Pictures to the tune of “My Favorite Things” from The Sound of Music. A room full of educational writers singing was something to behold. It was priceless and oh so fun.

#IWasAHighlightsKid Chicago Breakfast

#IWasAHighlightsKid Highlights Hidden Pictures

The Highlights people were great to talk to. They were a wealth of information when it came to their products, where I could find them, and the age appropriateness of the hidden pictures. They talked to us about what goes into the creation of their hidden pictures as well as what gets left out of the hidden pictures; because not everything is perfect the first time it is created.

I found out that each hidden picture tells a story and there is always a twist of humor in the end. The attention to detail is outstanding and each picture takes a lot of hard work, by both the artists and the Highlights team that review the picture. We talked about the pictures and how they must be at the right level for the developmental age. Less is not always more {the fewer items in a picture the harder it can be to find them}.

#IWasAHighlightsKid Highlights Products

#IWasAHighlightsKid Highlights Hidden Pictures Jigsaw Puzzles

#IWasAHighlightsKid Learning all about Highlights

During this breakfast I reminisced about being a Highlights kid and discussed my favorite thing about Highlights – the hidden pictures. I also found out that Highlights offers a hidden picture club {a magazine of JUST hidden pictures… #SoExcited!}. There are two different age appropriate options, one for ages 3-6 and one for ages 6+. I even received my own little goodie bag of Highlights products to take home with me for my kiddos to discover.
  
It was a lovely breakfast and I cannot wait to find out more about what Highlights has in store for the future. I loved their magazines as a child and am looking forward to introducing them to my children.

Disclosure: I received a gift bag as a thank you for participating in this event.  I was not asked to write about this, nor was I compensated for doing so.  All opinions expressed are 100% my own.


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...