Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Thai Inspired Grilled Chicken #Recipe

My family eats a lot of chicken. Since my husband cut red meat from his diet, the whole family tends to avoid eating red meat as well. This means that if I want to keep my meals from feeling stale or repetitive I have to get experimental in the kitchen… This usually mean that I have to be open to trying new things in the spice aisle, in this case I spent about 30 minutes scoping out the ethnic aisle at my grocery store {I may have gotten a little sidetracked running into a friend. I may have stopped to chat for about 15 of those 30 minutes}.

I had a lot of fun scoping out the different sauces and spices in the ethnic food aisle. Seriously… that is a very complicated aisle and there are about a gazillion different oils, sauces, and pastes there that look like they could be either very fun or very scary. I took a chance and grabbed a few of these and a few of those and got to work testing them out in my kitchen. After a few failed attempts I stumbled upon a very delicious marinade that my ENTIRE family enjoys {yes, my kids love this chicken too!}. Needless to say, this is a recipe that will definitely be repeated.

Thai Inspired Grilled Chicken Recipe #Foodie #Recipe #WhatsForDinner


What you need:

6 chicken thighs
3/4 cup light coconut milk
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
3 tablespoons Sambal Oelek ground fresh chili paste
1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce

 

How to make it:

Combine all of the marinade ingredients.
Place the marinade in a Ziploc bag along with the chicken thighs and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours. Throw away the used marinade.
Grill over medium heat until cooked throughout {about 8 minutes on each side}.

Thai Inspired Grilled Chicken Recipe #Foodie #Recipe #WhatsForDinner

Thai Inspired Grilled Chicken Recipe #Foodie #Recipe #WhatsForDinner

I made this recipe with a side of corn on the cob and my husband’s “all about the bread” grilled French loaf recipe. Although I think that the next time I make it I will serve it with my Sesame Broccoli recipe and some type of rice noodle. This Thai Grilled Chicken was easily the star of the show. It retained its moisture and was infused with the Thai flavor from the marinade. It was perfect, and the marinade was really easy to make.



This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy:


Do you have a marinade that you love?




Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...