Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Easy Baked Ravioli #Recipe

There are certain nights throughout the week that I am utterly exhausted and the last thing I want to do is stand in my kitchen trying to cook a gourmet meal while three children try to compete for my attention. On those nights I usually pull out a made ahead freezer meal to cook or I go for one of my staple dinner recipes that I can make blindfolded with one hand tied behind my back. This is one of those recipes that I can whip up in no time and I do not need to be functioning on all four cylinders to create. It is really easy.

Not only is this easy baked ravioli simple and straightforward to make, it tastes good too. There is not a lot to it and everything in it can probably already be found in your kitchen; hence why this is a go-to recipe for crazy hectic nights. I hope you enjoy this as much as my family does and find it just as simple to bake.

Easy Baked Ravioli Recipe and picture tutorial #Recipe #EasyDinnerDish #Ravioli

What you need:

2 16-oz bags of frozen ravioli

1 jar of marinara sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
9x13 baking dish
Tin Foil

 

How to make it:

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray
Arrange 1/2 of the ravioli in a single layer on the bottom of the dish. Top with half of the marinara sauce and half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
Sprinkle the top with Parmesan.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove foil and bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes longer.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Easy Baked Ravioli Recipe and picture tutorial #Recipe #EasyDinnerDish #Ravioli

Easy Baked Ravioli Recipe and picture tutorial #Recipe #EasyDinnerDish #Ravioli

I like to mix up the frozen ravioli that I use. I love the portabella mushroom ravioli and my husband likes the cheese ravioli, so I compromise and use them both when making this dish so that we get a nice surprise with each bite. I prefer to use the Prego marinara sauce for this dish. I usually go for one of their 3 cheese marinara sauces or their traditional sauce. I serve this with garlic bread and a side dinner salad and viola! Dinner is served.

It really is super simple and takes no time to layer the ingredients and toss in the oven. And when our schedules are busy this is a simple solution for a hectic night. I know that I am not reinventing the wheel here, but I do enjoy passing along some of my simple go-to recipes for the super busy moms on the go that I know. This one is pretty fool proof and even if you are not much of a cook I would give this one a try.


This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy:

Do you have a family go-to recipe?


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...