Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Walk to End Alzheimer’s


Every year my family participates in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s. Each year our team goes to walk and to remember my grandfather who was afflicted with Alzheimer’s. We created our team seven years ago when my grandfather passed away and each year we raise money, walk, and remember. My grandfather was one of the kindest most generous men I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He was an honorable man who passed down the value of family and taking care of one another.

Walk to End Alzheimer’s
Walk to End Alzheimer’s the flowers


 Walk to End Alzheimer’s with our Stokke Crusi and a sleepy little boy.

Family is everything, this is something I believe in wholeheartedly and I simply adore mine. I have been very blessed to have grown up in a home that “I love you” was said on a daily basis and hugs and kisses were handed out freely. My family is big and loud and I love it! I am the second youngest in a family of five and I am best friends with my siblings. There is nothing I would not do for them.

This last year I brought all three of my children with me to the walk. Even though it was a very busy weekend for my family and I had to turn around and head back up north before the festivities were over, I am so glad that I made it. I enjoyed seeing my grandmother, parents, siblings, niece and nephew, aunts, uncles, cousins… even the dog. It was great to see everyone and to take some time out from my busy life to just remember.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...