Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Autumn Colors in Illinois


I feel like I have finally gotten to enjoy the Fall colors this year. The trees held onto their green leaves for a good long time before finally giving into Mother Nature and turning various shades of crimson and gold. But once those leaves turned, boy did they turn! For the past couple weeks I have been surrounded by beautiful fall colors everywhere I turn and I have loved it. Usually I have only a few days of beautiful fall foliage before a storm blows through and all the leaves are gone. Not this year! This year I get to fall in love with the Fall colors all around me.

Autumn in Illinois Fall Orange Leaves

Fall in Illinois with orange tree leaves

Fall in Illinois with red tree leaves


Purple and Orange and Red, Oh My I love Autumn!
On a walk with the Joovy Groove UL and saw this burning bush!


I am thankful for having the ability to stop and enjoy my surroundings. Usually I feel too rushed to really take in the moment and enjoy all that God has blessed my family with. I have been making a conscious effort to slow down and enjoy myself and my little ones as much as possible. It is hard for my type-A personality to slow down and just go with the flow when there are things to do and places to go. But it is something that I have been working on. As a result I am able to stop and share some of this beauty with you.

I even got to take my middle child out for some one-on-one mom time in our new Joovy Groove Ultralight. Don’t worry; the review on this beautiful little stroller will be coming soon. I just love the fall colors up against the purpleness of the stroller and had to include it in some of our autumn pictures. 


Do you get to enjoy the fall colors where you live?



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...