Tuesday, December 17, 2013

S’more Crispy Treats #Recipe

I know that a lot of people love s’mores, I am not one of them. For some reason whenever I make s’mores they never come out right. The chocolate doesn’t melt most of the time and there is always too much graham cracker whenever I make them. True s’mores are not my thing. My children on the other hand love them. So I spent a little time looking through my pantry and thinking about ways to improve the s’more and I came up with S’more Crispy Treats. This recipe came from leftover stuff from my pantry that I threw together on a whim. They are yummy. So yummy that there are none left.

S'more Rice Crispy Treat #Recipe

What you need:
1/2 stick butter
1/2 bag of marshmallows
1 1/2 cups choco chomp cereal (it's an all natural crisp rice cereal that has real cocoa and is gluten free)
2 rectangles of graham crackers

How to make it:
Melt butter in sauce pan over medium heat.
Add marshmallow and stir continuously until melted.
Remove from heat.
Add choco chomp cereal and smashed up graham crackers and mix well.
Let cool and devour.

S'more Rice Crispy Treat Recipe

S'more Crispy Treats Recipe

The recipe is super simple and the result is a delicious version of a s’more treat. Everything gets evenly distributed and each bite is delicious. If you want it to be chewier just add more butter and marshmallow. I am not a fan of the s’more – but these are delicious and are less of a mess for my little ones to eat.

This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy:

These did not last long in my house, so I know that I am not the only one who thought they were good. I think they lasted two days and then the bag was magically empty…. Hmmm. I wonder who could have done that?

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...