Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cajun Shrimp Po’ Boy #Recipe

One of my all time favorite cities to visit is New Orleans. I love the food, the beverages, the architecture, and the personality of the city. I have been fortunate enough to have been able to visit New Orleans a couple of times and I would love to go back again and again and again. The atmosphere is just phenomenal and it doesn’t hurt that everything I eat when I am there tastes like it was baked with goodness and then fried with a side of yum. It is no wonder I look to New Orleans for my food inspiration so often. I decided that the perfect meal to celebrate fat Tuesday would be a little New Orleans classic, the shrimp po’ boy. 

Cajun Shrimp Po' Boy Recipe

What you need:
½ bag of peeled and deveined raw shrimp
2 Tablespoons Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning {or your favorite Cajun seasoning}
1 Teaspoon minced garlic
1 Teaspoon salt
½ Teaspoon Sambal Oelek
1 Tbsp olive oil
French Rolls
Mayonnaise
Sliced Tomato
Avocado
Shredded Lettuce

How to make it:
In a plastic Ziploc bag mix the ½ bag of peeled and deveined raw shrimp, garlic, salt, Creole seasoning, and Sambal Oelek. Toss until shrimp is coated in the mixture.
In a medium size pan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add the shrimp and seasoning mixture to the pan and sauté for 3-5 minutes until cooked through. The shrimp should be a pink color {no longer opaque} when they are cooked.
Toast the French roll and adorn it with condiments. I spread mayonnaise on both sides of my toasted French roll and then slice up some avocado and tomato and add shredded lettuce to mine. These condiments help to tone down the spice of the shrimp.
Add the cooked Cajun shrimp to the French roll and serve. 


Cajun Shrimp Po' Boy Recipe

I loved this Po’ Boy and enjoyed the spiciness of it immensely. If you are looking to tone down the spiciness I would recommend leaving out the Sambal Oelek when you cook it as that ingredient tends to really bring the heat. This is a really simple Po’ Boy sandwich that is easy to make and yummy to eat. I could have eaten two more of them if the first one hadn’t completely filled me up.

With lent season off to a running start I thought that this would be an appropriate recipe to share… although to be perfectly honest this is a recipe that would be good to eat year round. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.

This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy:


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...