Thursday, April 3, 2014

Blue Cheese Brussels Sprouts #Recipe


I don’t really remember ever eating Brussels sprouts as a child. I remember my mother making broccoli, green beans, and Harvard beats galore – but never Brussels sprouts. Recently my in-laws have been on a Brussels sprout kick and have raved about how delicious they are. So I thought I would start experimenting with them. I figure pretty much anything is good with cheese, right? So I decided to make some blue cheese Brussels sprouts and after a little trial and error I have a wonderful recipe to share with you!

Blue Cheese Brussels Sprouts #Recipe #SideDish #Veggies #YUM #Foodie

What you need:
1 12 oz bag of Brussels sprouts
1 teaspoon butter
½ cup blue cheese
¾ cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon horseradish mustard
¼ cup grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste

How to make it:
Heat an oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and bring a medium pot of salted water to boil.
While the water is coming to a boil, cut the Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise.
Once your water has reached a boil toss in the Brussels sprouts and cook for 4 minutes.
While the Brussels sprouts are boiling take an 8x8 baking dish and butter it, set aside.
Drain the Brussels sprouts and pat them dry.
Place the Brussels sprouts in the buttered baking dish and cover with the blue cheese.
In a bowl, whisk together the whipping cream, milk, and mustard. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
Pour the cream mixture over the spouts. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.

Blue Cheese Brussels Sprouts #Recipe #SideDish #Veggies #YUM #Foodie

Blue Cheese Brussels Sprouts #Recipe #SideDish #Veggies #YUM #Foodie


I love these. I seriously gobbled them up as did my husband who said they were the best Brussels sprouts he had ever eaten… although to be perfectly honest I am not sure how many Brussels sprouts that man has ever eaten. Regardless, we both loved this recipe (I am making it again for dinner tonight!). They are creamy and cheesy and scrump-didily-umptious. Yeah I just made up that word. Even if you have never eaten Brussels sprouts I would recommend giving these a try.

I am always open to trying something new and I am so glad that I keep an open mind when cooking. It makes experimenting in the kitchen so much fun. Yes, there are recipes that turn out horribly wrong and end up in the trash instead of my belly, but then there are recipes like this that turn out to be such a delight and quickly make the short list of family favorites. I think I will tinker around with some type of balsamic glazed Brussels sprouts next! The possibilities are endless.

This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy

Do you like Brussels sprouts? If so, what is your favorite way to eat them?


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...