Thursday, April 24, 2014

How to get out butter stains! #DIY


The other day I was making lunch for the family and I made quite the mess. I was cooking some grilled cheese sandwiches {because – YUM} and I spilled melted butter all over the front of my shirt. I was not a happy camper as it was a favorite shirt of mine. So I changed shirts and got to work on removing the melted butter stain on my shirt. This will also work on getting rid of grease stains too!

How to remove butter stains from clothing #DIY #TipsAndTricks #Solutions


I have tried stain sticks on butter stains with little to no luck and have thrown out and scrapped more butter/grease stained clothing than I would like to remember. I knew I did not want to toss this shirt so I decided to tackle this stain with something that was specifically designed to cut grease… my Dawn liquid dish soap.

Any liquid dish detergent should work, but I am a big fan of Dawn and sometimes think that they sprinkle magic pixie dust in their formula – because what other explanation is there for how well it works. Since the dawn liquid dish soap is specifically designed to cut grease I figured this was a good place to start with a butter/grease stain.

All you have to do is apply the liquid dish soap directly to the stain. Cover it in Dawn, and then put on a little more on it -making sure to cover the stain and a little of the surrounding areas as well. Then scrub. I used my finger tips and rubbed the Dawn dish soap into the fabric. Then I let it sit for about an hour before rinsing it in warm water. Then I tossed it in the washer and washed it then dried it in the dryer. The stains were gone!

How to get out butter stains! #DIY #Tutorial

How to get out butter stains! #DIY

How to get out butter stains! #DIY

I was so happy to stumble upon this solution! I am so glad that it worked and that I get to keep wearing my favorite orange shirt! This worked for me, but I am always open to hearing new tips and tricks for taking care of business. If you have a different method for getting rid of grease or butter stains on clothing I would love to hear all about it!  



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...