Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Finding the perfect gift while shopping on Twitter? #AmazonCart #cbias #shop

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias.

#AmazonCart Add it now Buy it later #Shopping on Twitter

I am a bit of a tech junkie in that I love playing with all of the new apps and latest toys out there. I specifically like it when companies revamp and tweak their services and capabilities making programs and networks more user friendly. This is exactly what Twitter and Amazon have done with the new #AmazonCart feature. This feature is collaboration between Twitter and Amazon allowing twitter users to add items that they see on Twitter to their Amazon shopping cart without leaving their twitter feed. It is simple to use and super convenient!

I cannot tell you how many times I have seen something cool on twitter and forgotten to write it down to search for later. I love quirky gifts and innovative products and I especially love gifting them to friends and family. But if I don’t stop and search for something right when I see it I forget about it. So it should be no surprise to those that know me {and how scatterbrained I can be when chasing my three little ones around the house} that the #AmazonCart service is my new best friend.

We love Amazon and have been Prime members for a couple years now. I love the free 2 day shipping, especially when I have procrastinated purchasing something to the last minute. This is how I do most of my online shopping for everyday items like diapers and dishwasher detergent. I also enjoy using Amazon for locating and buying those hard to find fun gift ideas. Speaking of gifts, I adore the wish list feature on Amazon! I have a wish list for every member of my household. It is a lifesaver for birthdays and holidays when family and friends are unsure of what the kids are into these days. 

Since I am such an avid Amazon user already and I enjoy chatting on Twitter I am sure that this new feature will help me to locate some great gift ideas for my wish lists… I have a feeling that it will also result in some serious impulse purchasing. But I am okay with that. After all, the #AmazonCart service has already helped me to locate the perfect gift for Father’s Day for my husband {Note: If you are my husband reading this post you need to STOP now so that you do not ruin the surprise of what you are getting for Father’s Day.}.


Let me use this purchase as an example to demonstrate just how fun and easy #AmazonCart is to use.



How to use #AmazonCart:

Go to @Amazon on twitter {or @AmazonDeals or @AmazonTechDeals… or any other Amazon twitter accounts you enjoy interacting with}.


Find something quirky and fun that speaks to the wild and crazy kid buried deep inside you.

#AmazonCart Star Wars sunshade tweet @Amazon

Hit that little Reply button and use the hashtag #AmazonCart in your response.

#AmazonCart Star Wars sunshade reply to tweet @Amazon

You should get a response pretty quickly from @MyAmazon saying thank you for using #AmazonCart with a link that will enable you to use this feature. Follow the link and you will be all set and ready to add it now on Twitter and buy it later on Amazon. 

#AmazonCart add it now buy it later.. bought it!


Need more explaining? Check out this video:


I did not expect to find the perfect Father’s Day gift for my husband while playing around on twitter, but I did and I could not be more excited about it.  Thank you #CollectiveBias for introducing me to the #AmazonCart service, the wild and crazy kid buried deep inside me is doing a little happy dance with my Star Wars Father’s Day gift find! And thanks to my Prime shipping it is already here!


I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...