Wednesday, May 21, 2014

My Mother’s Super Easy Dill Potato Salad #Recipe


I was not always a potato type of girl. In fact I strongly disliked potatoes for a good long time. But then I grew older and I had children {I require them to take no thank you bites of everything… so I guess I should do so too, huh?}. Needless to say my taste buds have changed and I have some to find that I like potatoes, most of them anyways. And since the weather is finally heating up I am looking forward to grilling out. One of my favorite summer dishes is BBQ and potato salad. So I pulled out some of my mother’s recipes and got to work. This is my mother’s Dill Potato Salad and it is delish!
  
Super Easy and Ridiculously Delicious Dill Potato Salad Recipe #Summer #Recipe Easy Potato Salad



What you need:
5 lbs potatoes {I like the smaller golden potatoes}
4 hard boiled eggs
1 ½ cup mayonnaise
1 ½ cup sour cream
2-3 teaspoons dill
6 slices f bacon cooked and crumbled.
Salt & pepper to taste

How to make it:
In a pot place some cold water and the potatoes {you only need enough water to cover the potatoes- no more}. Cook over medium-high heat. Once the water is boiling reduce the heat to a simmer and let cook uncovered. Check back on potatoes in 5 minute increments. They will be done once a fork can easily slide through the potato without resistance. {usually takes 10-20 minutes}.

Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, and bacon until well combined.

Once the potatoes have had a chance to cool cube them and add them to the sour cream mixture.

Next dice up the hard boiled eggs and add them to the mixture as well as the salt and pepper.

Once everything has been combine place in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour before serving.
  
Super Easy and Ridiculously Delicious Dill Potato Salad Recipe #Summer #Recipe Easy Potato Salad

Super Easy and Ridiculously Delicious Dill Potato Salad Recipe #Summer #Recipe Easy Potato Salad


I love this recipe. I think I like it because of the bacon... because if you are ever in doubt of bacon in potato, don’t be. Bacon in potato salad is awesome. I made this the other night for a family dinner with friends and I might have made funny noises while eating it {I am just like my mother!}… I also may have taken a second helping. I am just saying that it was ridiculously delicious.

This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy

Do you make your own potato salad or do you buy it? I used to buy it premade from the grocery store, back when I didn’t eat it. Now that I like potato salad and I have experienced how easy it is to whip together I don’t think I will be buying premade any more. My mom also has a German potato salad recipe that I will be trying soon with a side of bratwurst. But that is a whole other meal to talk about on another day.  



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...