Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Simple Summer Strawberry Salad #Recipe

I love salads. But the same old dinner salad of lettuce, tomato, and cucumber can get pretty boring. Since I eat salads pretty much every day for lunch I like to change things up and keep my salads fresh. One of my absolute favorite salads is this simple strawberry salad that my Aunt provided for me on a recent trip to Indy. It is totally delicious and since it is a healthy recipe it also helps to keep me moving me towards my fitness goal of losing those last few pounds. A total win-win situation!

Super Simple Strawberry Salad Recipe #Summer #Recipe #Healthy  #Salad Make it once, eat it four times #Organized #fitmom

What you need:
1 bag of baby spinach from the produce aisle
1 cup strawberries, cleaned and halved
1 cup blueberries
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup feta cheese
2 chicken breasts grilled and sliced
6 tablespoons of balsamic vinaigrette dressing {1 ½ tablespoons per salad}

How to make it:
This recipe makes 4 salads. So what you are going to do is divide everything into ¼. I used four Ziploc containers to make and store my salads.

Take 2 oz of baby spinach and layer it on the bottom of each container.

Next take the chicken and place ½ a chicken breast on top of the spinach {your chicken needs to be cooked and sliced prior to adding it to the salad.} in each container. You will be making a line out of each of the topping ingredients.

Repeat this process with ¼ cup of the feta cheese, ¼ cup of the strawberries, ¼ cup of the almonds, and ¼ cup of the blueberries.

Put the top on the container and pack it away. When you are ready to eat the salad, you simply top it with 1 ½ tablespoons of balsamic vinaigrette dressing per salad.

Super Simple Strawberry Salad Recipe #Summer #Recipe #Healthy  #Salad Make it once, eat it four times #Organized

I like to make my salads for the whole week at once. This way I am only cutting and slicing and measuring once and for the rest of the week I can simply open the fridge and grab my salad for the day. I am not sure if this is laziness or if it good organizing… I will go with the latter. Because I have noticed that if I do not have my salad lunches pre-made I have a tendency to fall off the wagon and eat less healthy options. Knowing that my lunch is ready for me makes choosing to be healthy that much easier.



This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy


I love all kinds of salads and am always open to trying something new. Recently on a Disney trip I had the pleasure of eating a smoked chicken salad at the Flame Tree Barbecue and it was loaded with beans, greens, and corn and it was outstanding. I am going to be toying around with this recipe to see if I can replicate it. We also have a wonderful little place in the greater Chicagoland area called Portillo’s and their chopped salad is addictive. But I could go on about the deliciousness of salads all day. My summer goal is to build up one seriously diverse and delicious salad repertoire. 


Do you love salads? If so what is your favorite?



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...