Friday, June 27, 2014

Cilantro Chicken Skewers #Recipe

My family eats a lot of chicken. We use it for a variety of meals throughout the week and rarely do I feel that I am stuck in a menu rut. Thanks to a good marinade or a handful of spices almost every meal feels fresh and new. When I am looking for a quick and easy dinner for my family, chicken skewers is one that I know everyone will enjoy and this Cilantro Chicken Skewer Recipe has been requested over and over again!

Cilantro Chicken Skewers Recipe #Dinner #Chicken #Recipe #Healthy

What you need:
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon of lime juice
2 teaspoons of minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoon cilantro {freshly chopped}
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts

How to make it:
In a large Ziploc bag combine soy sauce, honey, olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and cilantro.

Close the bag and shake until well combined. Set aside.

Take the boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut them into bite size pieces. Place the chicken breast pieces in the Ziploc bag.

Refrigerate for at least 1 hour {I like to prepare the marinade during naptime; so I typically chill for 2-3 hours and let the flavor really sink in.}.

Place the chicken on skewers and grill. Cook each side for a couple minutes {typically 5 minutes per side}. Once it is cooked throughout you can remove from heat and enjoy.

Cilantro Chicken Skewers Recipe #Dinner #Chicken #Recipe

I typically make these chicken skewers with either a side of rice or whole wheat pasta noodles as well as some mixed vegetables. My husband bought this amazing grill tray and he uses it to grill the vegetables out on the grill - they have been ah-mazing! No seriously. He will cut up some onions, peppers, and mushrooms to have on the side and they are just delicious. The veggies compliment the chicken nicely and since I do not cook them on the skewers they cook throughout and do not get soggy in the middle or burnt on the ends.

This recipe is linked up at DeliciousDish Tuesday and FridayFood Frenzy

I love grilling. I rarely get to man the grill at my house, but when I do I like to cook simple foods with lots of flavor. My goal this summer is to create a fabulous pizza recipe for the grill. Maybe something like a BBQ chicken pizza? But that is a work in progress and another post all together.

Do you like to grill? If so what do you like to grill?



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...