Monday, October 20, 2014

Star Wars Wall Art Free Printables #FreePrintable

This year for Halloween my family will be dressing up as characters from Star Wars. We have done this in the past, but this year everyone wants to be something new. So I have been in my crafting room a lot working on costumes. I think that a large part of this Star Wars revitalization of enthusiasm stems from the new Star Wars Rebels show. We love it. At least that is why the kiddos are all about Star Wars. My husband and I are pretty thrilled with the fact that J.J. Abrams will be directing the new Star Wars: Episode VII. So this renewed interest in Star Wars got me thinking about all those blank walls in my basement. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away… I made an inspiration board. – Sorry I couldn’t help it. The Star Wars inspiration board got me thinking about how I wanted to decorate my basement. Decorating ideas then got me sitting at my computer creating Star Wars Wall Art Printables.





I made two versions of these printables. One version is very masculine with the green and the blues, the other version is more feminine with the teal and purple. I tried to stay away from straight up pink though… as I have a very difficult time being all - duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh {think imperial march} with pink bows. I have made three images. The first image is a text image with the Jedi saying “May the force be with you” on it, the second is the fabulous Yoda quote “Try not. Do or do not. There is no try”, and the third is the great dialog between Hans Solo and Princess Leia “I love you. I know”.

I have created a Google Doc for my readers to be able to easily print off these Star Wars Word Wall Art Printables. It is completely free, because all my hard work should not be used only once. Feel free to print this off and use it! I made these to be printed as 8x10 pictures.


Here are the green, blue, and gray versions:




Here are the purple, teal, and gray versions:
  




I hope you enjoy these printables as much as I enjoyed making them. I think that I will be using them as a type of collage on one wall with a family photo of everyone dressed up as Star Wars characters from Halloween. So I might play around with the size a bit. But I love the mix of colors and sizes of text. Maybe next time I will play around with a whole bunch of different fonts. For now though I am quite pleased with how these Star Wars prints turned out.

Have you ever made your own wall art? If so, what did you make?


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...